Sunday, May 11, 2008

the last burrito

It's funny - having already been lucky enough to do one of these trips before I know exactly what the first thing that I'm gonna miss will be. Now I've whined bout bad burritos in Boston for some time now - but while you can get reasonably well executed Italian and French food and maybe even the occasional well-cooked burger in Asia, the one thing that I know full well I will have to go without for two months is a tasty burrito. So yesterday I had my last burrito at Felipe's in Harvard Square for lunch. While it was far from the best burrito I've had there or elsewhere, I did savor it a little more knowing that I won't be having another until mid-July.

Steve and I fly off in less than 10 hours and I think everything is just about ready. In the end I think I did a good job of packing light. I have about 8 days of clothes - maybe a bit more - all packed into a mini 20" carry-on and a backpack. As planned I'm also bringing my laptop, camera and of course my ipod... I still have lots of room in my bags to buy things along the way too - definitely did a better job packing than for my last trip I think.

I added a little time/date feature at the top of the blog. As you may have guessed, this is the local time wherever I may be. I don't think it would do you much good to have another clock showing your local time now would it. Alright, time to download some music for the road. Next stop Tokyo.

No comments: