Monday, May 5, 2008

one more week!

Almost time to leave! I'm done with gainful employment for a couple years, I've moved out of Davis Square and back to good ole Belmont and now have a week to finalize a few more details before I leave the land of never-ending primaries. In case you haven't already noticed, I've added a subscription feature to this blog, so you can just type in your email address over to the right and get email updates whenever I post something new. Let me know if you have any problems using this service since I've never used it before and I'll see what I can do. I'll be honest though - it confuses the hell out of me and I don't have the patience to figure it out, so I'm really hoping it just works.

So, the first stop will be Japan, which I'm very excited about. Plans to go see a baseball game and Japanese wrestling (like the crappy fake wrestling Steve likes!) haven't quite materialized yet, but I think where there's a will, there's a way. Plus isn't there something appealing about going to Japanese wrestling and maybe meeting a couple Japanese hicks? Do they even have hicks in Japan? Only one way to find out, right? I'm also still very much planning to go to the Tsukiji fish market which I missed last time due to some ridiculous Japanese holiday (national foundation day -- commemorating the crowning of the first Japanese Emperor in 660BC -- serisouly, how was I supposed to know this). In any event, I'm looking forward to sushi at 8AM this time!

OK, I admit, I didn't actually have anything useful to say, but I thought I should check in anyway. I'll post again once Steve and I get to Tokyo next Monday. Weeeeeeee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me correct Tom on a couple of points.

Firstly, Japanese wrasslin' is not "crappy." It's brutal, raw, and magnificent. These guys beat the shit out of each other. But, I do look forward to immersing myself in Japanese white trash.

Secondly... I don't have a secondly. Tom sucks! Baba Booey! Baba Booey! Howard Stern Rules!

Tom said...

Yes folks, this is what I get to deal with for 10 days... btw Steve, last time I checked, Japanese people are not white. Just a heads up.